Domaine du Grand Marsalet
Grand-Champ Marsalet was bought in 1816 by the great-great-grandfather of Pierre Nadal. His great-grandfather Denoux was Mayor of St Laurent des Vignes, a little village aptly named at the foot of the Montbazillac appellation. Féret was indicated its region in 1903, producing as it was, some 30 tonnes of red wine and 5 of white. Then Pierre Nadal and his son Jean-Pierre founded the GAEC (a village farming collective) and the region became a vast business of 100 hectares of vineyard in the villages of St Laurent and Pompart.
It was in 1983, that an unhoped for opportunity presented itself, taking tenant farming of the vineyards to the region of Nadal. The GAEC therefore became a SCEA (society for village farming) in 1996, but unfortunately M. Pierre Nadal was to die the following year. Today, his son Jean-Pierre Nadal, who has a diploma in oenology, manages the vineyard, and area of around 100 hectares of vines.